Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

(Drumroll please) The List

So I have said why I'm taking the semester off which means it would only be right to share my list of goals & things on my agenda for the semester. It's a list for me, because I like crossing things off of lists. And hey, since it's my blog I can post whatever I want right?
  • Deal with health issues: sleep apnea, weight, thyroid, and some fun female stuff.
  • Study for the GRE.
  • Take the GRE and get an impressive (to me) score.
  • Get letters of recommendation from my former professors (before they forget who the heck I am).
  • Write my charming and intelligent "statement of purpose" for graduate school applications.
  • Apply to graduate school(s).
  • Work on making our master bedroom more of a sanctuary for the hubster & I rather than a dumping ground for laundry, Barbies and things that no one knows what to do with.

Specifically I want to:
  • Lose 35 pounds.  I'm tracking my weight loss at the bottom of this page.  
  • Exercise 3-4 times per week.
  • Refinish our bedroom furniture and shelves.
  • Paint our walls.
  • De-clutter our bedroom.
  • Redecorate our bedroom.  My very talented LJ buddy Eve gave me some awesome ideas which she posted on her blog, Modachrome Home
  • Take the GRE by the end of October.
Bonus points if I get to: scrapbook, read a bunch, and learn how to play my didgeridoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment