Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2000-2009 Decade in Review

The last decade in review:

*started off of 2000 by getting out of a bad relationship.
*dated my co-worker, who would become my husband about 19 months later.
*gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.
*worked 3 years at the Circuit Clerk's which taught me so much about life, people and the career I'd want.
*saw my 2 best friends get married. Was maid of honor for one of those weddings.
*reconnected with one of my best friends from high school.
*lost 110 pounds, gained it back after my cancer diagnosis.
*saw my friends become parents.
*watched my little sister become a teacher, a wife, and now a mother.
*had 3 surgeries: gallbladder and 2 lobectomies to remove my thyroid, 2 parathyroid gland and the tumor hiding in them.
*had radioactive iodine therapy and spent some really difficult time isolated from my family.
*was diagnosed with Stage III thyroid cancer and kicked its butt.
*made some new, amazing friends.
*sold my 1st home and bought our current home.
*earned my Associate's of Art.
*lost my great aunt, grandmother, 3 grandparents-in-law, a friend and my Dad.
*saw my son grow from a preschooler to a teenager.
*took some cool trips to: Las Vegas, San Francisco, Jamaica, and the Carolinas.
*became an aunt.
*was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
*decided that I want to be an anthropologist when I grow up.
*celebrated 8 years of marriage.
*through marriage, gained the brothers I never had but always wanted.
*rebuilt some bridges that I thought I'd burned.
*learned a lot of life lessons and realized that there are SO many more out there to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't in amazing to look back on TEN years? Incredible. I hope these next ten years are just wonderful and we WILL get together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next ten years are going to be better. I am committed to making that happen. I also know we're going to get together. You have to take me to Casa Bonita!

    ReplyDelete